Tuesday, February 16, 2010

100 Web 2.0 Tools - Which ones do you like?

Hey Technology Coordinators and Computer Teachers

Did you have a restful “snow-cation”?


Part of ISTE website there is a forum for special interest groups. One forum is the SIGIVC. The SIGIVC promotes understanding of interactive videoconferencing and related virtual learning technologies within the K–12 education community by advancing collaboration, information dissemination, research, and practices.

The latest email communication contained MS Word document that contains a list of 100Web 2.0 tools that may encourage interactivity and engagement, motivate and empower your students, and create differentiation in their learning process.

If you want to see what many teachers and students will be doing in the next couple of years, please try some of the tools. It’s clear that Web 2.0 has some real educational value that teachers enjoy implementing in their classrooms.

I haven't try any yet. But I plan to over the next few weeks. So let's blog about it and share our favorites or least favorites.

2 comments:

  1. I worked with Glogster.com, it was very easy to use and allows students a fun way to express themselves. I think teachers can also use it to engage the students.
    Waddington

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was well worth the time we spent today looking at Web 2.0 tools. I found some very interesting programs that I will be sharing with my Mentees. We need to do more of this. We don't get the time in our buildings to do this type of thing...we're always troubleshooting or solving problems or doing specific training. Playing is fun and broadens our knowledge base. You're doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete